Rotator Cuff Repair (Cadaver Shoulder)
Rotator Cuff Repair
- Using Posterior Portal for Visualization, locate rotator cuff tear and debride edges
- Evaluate size of rotator cuff tear. Number of anchors used will depend on size.
- Using Superior Lateral Portal, position anchor and drill into bone.
- Mallet anchor into bone and release anchor.
Retrieving and Passing Suture Arms
- Using retriever, retrieve 1st suture arm through Superior Lateral portal
- Pass suture arm and take suture "bite" into cuff to be attached
- Retrieve 2nd suture
- Pass second suture arm
Tie Suture Arms
- Tie arms using an Arthroscopic Knot
- Cut suture ends above knot
- Repeat with more anchors as needed
To maintain access: please let your librarian know you would like a subscription or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your feedback to your librarian.
Share This Article
Filmed At:Smith & Nephew